Monday, March 4, 2013

TOKU KORERO NA RIA





Hello!  I'm Ria!



R - Really cool
I - Imaginative
A -  Awesome
.
K - Kind




MY GOALS

1- To always be as kind as I can
2 - To improve my reading
3- To write stories with interesting verbs and adjectives
4- To love blogger even more!!!!


CAMP 2013

On a lovely Tuesday morning, room four went in groups and drove off in some cars that some generous people drove.  We were all SO hyper and couldn't wait to get to Quinney's bush.  It was SO awesome getting there and sitting in our own tents with some mates.  I shared my tent with Emma, as she is a lovely friend of mine. Mr B said that we could have free time after we all put our tents up, and me and Emma immediately raced over to the tyre swing and took turns pushing each other on it.

  We all gaped at the water slide and just couldn't wait to get on it and whizz down.  When I did get on it I knew straight away that it would be my favourite part.  To feel your hair lifting off your shoulders and water being sprayed all over your face was magnificent.

 I couldn't wait until spotlight at night as that was my second favourite thing. 
HOW TO PLAY SPOTLIGHT:
1 Two parents stand at a base
2 You try to touch the base without the parents seeing you
3 The parents only have a torch
4 You win!!

The next few days was awesome and I'll mention some of the activeties.... the water slot (the water slide, swimming in the river, and kyaking and raft making), and the flying fox and also the obstacle course.   I had soo much fun and I'd like to thank Mr B and all the parents who helped us.

By Ria Knoef.

The water slide.
















SOME MORE CAMP PHOTOS



RIA'S CLOCK VERY COOL




VENUS;


1~ It's the hottest planet even though it's the second closest, because of the thick yellow clouds around it.
2~ It is named after the goddess of love and beauty
3~ Venus's surface is mostly volcanoes.


BOOK WEEK

Every year Parkland's school has a book week.  Book week is to inspire kids to read.
During the week, we have D.E.A.R  ( drop everything and read),  other teachers coming in after lunch to read to us and we had a Roald Dahl quiz and I did quite well.  On Friday, we had the parade. The parade is for advertising our school.  I dressed up as Hermione Granger from the novel 'Harry Potter'.  My sister dressed up as Harry Potter and my friend Emma dressed up as 'the cat in the pjamas' . Oh yes, I almost forgot,  this boy called Jason said he would be dressed up as a fairy.  At first I thought it was just one of his jokes, but amazingly he actually did!  We had a funny, amusing and great day!!!!

Mrs Smith as Mrs Twit.

23~9~13    Term 3


PABLO PICASSO

This term, Parkland's school has been focusing on our term topic,  I am an Artist.  Being an artist isn't just about painting and drawings, but also acting, singing, and playing music.
Room 4 has been studying artists, like Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Sarah Greenwood and of course the man I've been studying, Pablo Picasso.  Pablo Picasso is mostly know for his cubism.  Cubism is a way of painting, using cubes and shapes.  He used cubism a lot, he used it for his famous painting the musicians.  He had the rose period, and the blue period.  Periods are when the artist has a period of time where the artist has a liking of a type of painting, and uses it for a period of time.  Pablo always said "art is a lie that makes us realise the truth."





No comments:

Post a Comment