Monday, March 18, 2013

TOKU KORERO NA EMMA


MY GOALS

THIS IS ME!!!!
  1. To improve written work.
  2. To improve my fractions in maths.
Hello, my name is Emma.  I go to Parklands School in Motueka.

My goals are to improve my written work.  My presentation, paragraphing, and punctuation all need to improve.

My other goal is to improve my fractions in maths. I think I am all right at them,  I'd just like to get better at them.


E-XCELLENT!
M-AGNIFICANT!!
M-IRACULOUS!!!
A-WESOME!!!!


(THAT SPELLS EMMA IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW WHAT AN ACROSTIC POEM IS)

Great start Emma.  Now for your camp entry  BW

OUR FANTASTIC CAMP!!!!!

On Tuesday 12th March Room 4 left for camp.  Here are the reasons we go to camp:

  1. New experiences
  2. For fun
  3. Confidence
  4. Get on better with other people
My favourite activity was everything!!!! If I had to pick one it would have to be the rafting. We had to make a raft and then see if all our team would fit on the raft.  Our one went all the way down the river and back.

I want to also thank the parents that gave up their jobs to come and help. Also a HUGE thank you to Mr B for doing this for us!
This is me while we did bivouacs.
SOME MORE CAMP PHOTOS:
This is Duan doing something I have nothing to do with
Duan, Connor, Bailey and Daniel eating damper
EMMA'S CLOCK VERY COOL



THE SOLAR SYSTEM

Did you know:

  1. The Sun's Name Means:
    The Romans called the sun Sol, which in English means sun. In ancient Greece, the sun was called Helios.
  2. Saturn means: Saturn was the Roman god of agriculture. He was called Cronus by the Greeks. He is the son of Uranus and the father of Jupiter. Saturn overthrew his father to become king of the gods, but was then overthrown himself by his son Jupiter.
  3. Pluto means: 
    Pluto was thought to be the god to whom all men must eventually go. Romans believed him to be the god of the underworld. In Greek mythology, he is known as Hades.

www.dragoart.com

LEONARDO DA VINCI

We have been studying artists. This is a bit about my artist LEONARDO DA VINCI.  Enjoy :)


  1. Leonardo Da Vinci was born in Vinci, Italy on the 15 of April 1452.
  2. Leonardo's full name was Leonardo Di Ser Piero Da Vinci
  3. He died May 2nd 1519 aged 67 Amboise France
  4. Buried: Chapel of Saint-Hubert
  5. He painted the Mona Lisa in 1503-1504 but is belived to have been worked on in around 1517 by Leonardo.
  6. He also painted Virtruvian Man, The Last Supper, Head of a Woman, Virgin on The Rock and more.
  7.   The Mona Lisa sold for $100,000!!!!!!!!!
THIS IS A PORTRAIT OF LEONARDO DI SER PIERO DA VINCI HIMSELF
LEONARDO'S SELF PORTRAIT WHEN HE WAS 60.




























No comments:

Post a Comment